Senior Instructional Designer
The Senior Instructional Designer participates in the planning, design, development, and delivery of high-quality, technology-enabled discovery and learning experiences. This position will work closely with trainers and subject matter experts in creating face-to-face courses, online and hybrid or blended courses and programs. The Senior Instructional Designer will have responsibility for instructional design, project management, and collaboration with trainer and subject matter experts to develop instructional materials to support transformation in curriculum design, innovative use of technology and enhanced learning outcomes.
- Works closely with an energetic and creative training team to assess current training materials and delivery methods to determine appropriate framework for face-to-face, online, blended, and hybrid courses that are learner centered and aligned with outcomes and assessments.
- Collaborates with trainers/SMEs in creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Revises, rewrites and reviews course content for accuracy and quality. This includes scripting, storyboarding content and creating materials for learning solutions.
- Develops instructional materials that are functional, informative, and consistent with sound pedagogical and instructional design principles.
- Applies learning theories, various instructional design principles and frameworks to deliver exceptional solutions that demonstrate knowledge of Adult Learning Principles.
- Assists in the evaluation of the instructional effectiveness of programs, courses, and training products.
- Assesses new and emerging technologies, instructional design theories, and approaches and policies for potential application to instructional opportunities in this cutting edge environment.
- Creates web-based training / e-Learning development, multimedia development.
- Conceptualizes and develops evaluation measures including knowledge checks, course evaluations and tests.
- Participates in content review, revision and sign-off cycles.
- Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or related field.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- 5+ Years of experience in Instructional Design
- Epic e-learning creation
- Experience in higher education
- Recognized as an outstanding instructional designer and proven ability to work successfully using a wide range of instructional strategies.
- Expert knowledge of instructional design and multimedia development tools and software (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, audio/video, web conferencing, enterprise applications, etc.), learning management systems (LMS), web and mobile development, and visual design (HTML5, AICC, SCORM, etc.).
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite applications (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Acrobat).
- Expert knowledge in instructional design theories and frameworks, including blended and online learning standards and trending digital innovations.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with designing and assessing standards based curriculum and the integration of culture and curriculum (e.g., lessons, units).
We invite you to learn more about our benefits (bcm.edu/careers/benefits) including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, incentive-based wellness program, and more.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.