Application Administrator II - Web Developer
Under supervision of the Manager of Application Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Application Administrator II supports assigned portals, web content management systems, and web-based applications for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery. Helps to ensure the area’s technological level remains up to date and provides 24x7 availability support for assigned applications. Helps with solutions to problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma.
Perform configuration, administration, and technical support of software application products. Run necessary system backups. Provide troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues. Requires a strong functional understanding of software architecture.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Performs all aspects of functional system administration and technical application management for assigned applications. Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients (faculty, staff, students, external), committees and departments. Coordinates with other OIT departments for integration and connectivity. Works with system administrators, database administrators, application administrators, software developers, and web administrators in installation/upgrades and maintaining services, as appropriate. Participates in IT project committees and appropriate application user groups.
- Responsible for administering, maintaining and managing the university’s assigned web-based applications, including but not limited to portal and web content management system. Aids in integration of services with other on local or cloud-based applications and tools.
- Performs tasks related to assigned web-based applications, including upgrades, configuration, integration, custom programming and end user rollouts.
- Responsible for upgrades and configuration of PHP applications on server. Responsible for writing scripts and supporting server-side web application logic using PHP.
- Works directly with and fully supports website and content designs and implementations with the IT functional web administration team. Makes design decisions utilizing strong knowledge of security best practices, balancing safety with accessibility.
- Proactive approach to monitoring performance and capacity to ensure access, availability and usability of supported systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Collaborates with Technology Resource Center trainers and support staff to create online training modules and deliver scheduled and just-in -time application training opportunities.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of assigned application(s). Reviews manual processes and automates tasks when feasible.
- Researches and communicates new features of assigned application(s) and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field plus 6 years application experience or 5+ years of comparable work experience. Experience in technical and application support. Technical administration experience required with Cascade WCMS, WordPress single and multi-site installations and HTML websites.
Qualifications / Experience Preferred:
- Demonstrated work experience using PHP to develop web-based applications. Installation and administration of PHP.
- Knowledge of and experience working with authentication system integration including familiarity with protocols and services such as CAS, ADFS, Shibboleth, SAML, Active Directory.
- Experience planning, testing and deploying enterprise-level upgrades to applications including web content management systems.
- Working knowledge of student information systems, such as Ellucian Banner, as well as portal products with an understanding of the role of system integration.
- Experience with Oracle databases, PL/SQL and stored procedures.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organization and collaboration skills. Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring the timely completion of priority objectives. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to author procedures, knowledgebase articles and proposals. An advanced working knowledge of and experience with the design, installation, administration and technical support of web content management systems in a large environment. Experience with server administration tools. Proficient with PHP and general programming best practices and troubleshooting methods. Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server administration skills. Work experience using Linux, including scripting. WordPress technical and application experience with MySQL. Client Satisfaction focused. Ability to train users on systems and applications. Experience with website accessibility issues and resolution.
ITIL foundational knowledge, with focus on change management, incident and problem management, and continual service improvement. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email and SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond