Facilities Business Manager and Real Estate Senior Manager
The position of Facilities Business and Real Estate Senior Manager is a continuing 12-month Administrative and Professional Staff (A&PS) position. The position develops and manages business operations, facility planning and real estate activities under the purview of the Chief Facilities Officer. The Business and Real Estate Senior Manager reports to the Chief Facilities Officer.
Manage all business activities in the Facilities
Manage all real estate activities and functions
Establish, implement and maintain policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
• Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and
procedures for campus wide facilities operations, sustainability,
planning, design and construction.
• Developing and managing an operational strategy for optimal use of existing and future real estate assets held by Oberlin College and all real estate holding subsidiaries.
• Developing and maintaining all building property card records, planning documents and real estate holding documentation.
• Assisting the Chief Facilities Officer in development of policy documents associated with real estate and facilities operation.
• Assist Chief Facilities Officer in all campus facility planning activities.
• Assisting in management of resource reduction competitions.
• Assisting in writing grant proposals and other funding opportunities related to infrastructure and real estate.
• Assisting with management of work induction and asset management enterprise system.
• Assist with environmental and sustainability initiatives.
• Develop, implement and maintain all facility related contracting actions including planning, design, facility services, sustainability, environmental, safety, construction, maintenance and real estate.
• Assist in managing software and data associated with the “Facilities Dashboard” to ensure that it provides facilities personnel, faculty and students with real-time and historic feedback on facility operations, design, construction, energy, water, and other environmental conditions.
• Oversee the development and execution of the Facilities Team budget.
• Supporting and participating in academic work and courses related to real estate, planning, sustainability and facilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
• Degrees in planning, real estate, statistics, architecture, engineering, business, economics, mathematics and other quantitative sciences are preferred
• Advanced degree or training in planning, business, public administration or real estate management preferred.
• Experience managing complex programs and projects
• Real Estate License or the ability to get one
• Registered PMP, AICP, PE, RA, or EIT or ability to achieve
• Experience in managing budgets and real estate portfolios
• Experience in database management (SQL);Linux, Windows, and Mac (OS X) system administration and system hardware management experience
• Experience in campus, city or urban planning
All applicants will be required to provide a cover letter, resume and list of professional references.