Advanced Technology Center Manager
Posting Number S01282 Position Title Advanced Technology Center Manager Internal Position Title Advanced Manufacturing Center Manager Department Engineering/Math/Phy Sci Div Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Advanced Technology Center Manager reports to the Dean of Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences and will lead the College’s initiative to develop and run an Advanced Technology Center ( ATC ). The ATC is intended to support the talent pipeline needs of local industry and provide workforce solutions to area manufacturers. This position is responsible for developing, leading, and coordinating the launch of the college’s advanced technology center by working collaboratively with college and division leadership and program faculty. Additionally, the Manager will serve as a liaison to industry partners and external stakeholders, monitor program and project outcomes, and supervise ongoing operations of the ATC .
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing-related industry, business, management, finance, education, or related field of study.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years administrative experience in a business or educational setting.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills as well as solid project management skills.
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel and Word skills; beginner/intermediate PowerPoint skills; and query/report writer proficiency.
• Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented.
• Demonstrated commitment to sustainability.
• Demonstrated commitment to student success.
• Professional communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to prepare clear, concise reports and documentation.
• Excellent customer service skills with strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and constituents.
• Innovative and creative thinker with solid problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgement and discretion.
• Strong desire to work in an innovative and dynamic environment delivering creative solutions and measurable results.
• Critical communication skills with both internal team members and internal and external stakeholders; demonstrated track record as a highly collaborative contributor to improvement of team processes and culture.
• Master’s Degree
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Familiar using project management software
• Project Management Professional ( PMP )® Certification
• Grant budget and reporting experience
• Supervisory experience
Posting Date 08/19/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
Applications will be accepted until filled with priority given to those received by September 11, 2020.
Pay Rate Minimum salary is $50,837 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40 Work Schedule
M-F 8-4:30pm with some other time depending on work volume and college priorities.
Software Testing Required Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word, Outlook Interview Process Requirements Presentation, Writing Samples EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing-related
industry, business, management, finance, education, or related
field of study?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 to 5 years administrative
experience in a business or educational setting?
- * Do you have: Intermediate/Advanced Excel and Word skills;
beginner/intermediate PowerPoint skills; and query/report writer
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Do you have supervisory experience?
- * Do you have a Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake