Director for the Academic Success Center
Columbia Basin College (“CBC” or the “College”) seeks a Director for the Academic Success Center (“ASC”). The Director will supervise support staff and tutors as well as the services provided in the ASC. They will oversee training, development and recruitment of tutors, collect and analyze data, manage the budget, promote services and resources to students and other departments in virtual and physical environments. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Library & Instructional Services.
This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose application has been received by September 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM PDT.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate daily activities of the ASC, tutors and staff in virtual and/or physical environments;
- Recruit, train and develop student and professional part-time tutors;
- Work collaboratively with Instructional Services, other campus departments and student organizations to develop new/improved training, supplemental instruction, workshops and direct student services;
- Assess and collect data to regularly perform quality assessment of the ASC services and the evaluation of tutors in alignment with the College Reading and Learning Association;
- Use data to promote, recruit and educate students on the ASC and the services provided;
- Manage the various budgets of the ASC;
- Prepare and present reports as required for various memberships, budgets, etc.;
- Maintain strong communication with tutors, faculty, and other departments regarding ASC programs and services;
- Manage promotion of the ASC to students, the College and the public; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Experience working as a tutor and/or instructor;
- One (1) year of experience supervising ten (10) or more employees; and
- Proven ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Three (3) years of experience supervising ten (10) or more employees;
- Three (3) years of experience working as a tutor and/or instructor.
Departmental Management : Ability to effectively and efficiently manage a department including all related administrative and supervisory functions involving personnel and budget management;
Project Management : Manage projects by focusing attention on key priorities; evaluate approaches, determine feasibility, and adjust plan as needed; develop plans, coordinate projects and teams; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and on budget; perform well without direct supervision; do complex work independently; follow tasks through to completion;
Quality Management : Set clear quality requirements; measure key outcomes; improve processes, products, and services;
Leadership : Lead through influence, rather than authority, and take ownership and accountability for the area of responsibility and decisions made; demonstrate confidence within area of expertise – promote a cooperative work environment; ability to appropriately apply leadership techniques to motivate, develop and guide employees;
Conceptual Thinking : Have the ability to understand a situation or problem by identifying patterns or connections, and addressing key underlying issues; use past professional or technical training and experience, creativity, inductive reasoning, and intuitive processes to find potential solutions or valuable alternatives that may not be obviously related or easily identified; think “outside the box”;
Oral & Written Communication : Speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings; structure and convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; review and edit written work constructively; ability to tailor to audience in mind;
Student Centered : Attention, interest, activities and efforts are centered upon the best interest of students; create and support an environment that enables learners to achieve their personal, academic, and professional goals; provide courteous and helpful responses to all customers, whether they be students, general public or employees from another department;
Support for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion : Reflecting CBC’s mission, vision and values, support initiatives that expand the human qualities that differentiate our workplace and educational setting. Demonstrate and advocate an understanding of differences, open mindedness, compassion, sensitivity and interest in differing viewpoints given the diverse population and show a deep commitment to the involvement of colleagues, students and community members to student experience and success honoring freedom of expression as fundamental to personal, professional and organizational growth;
Accountability : Accountable for own actions, decisions, errors, mistakes and/or failures to act when appropriate; accept responsibility when given, understand what duties employee is responsible for and can be counted upon to carry out those responsibilities; and
Teamwork : Demonstrate a willingness to work with, and help others in completing job assignments, the ability to accept constructive criticism, and to cooperate with fellow employees and supervisors; demonstrate alignment with the 'Yes And' culture, (e.g., being present and listening, making each other look good, embracing change and failure and choosing positivity).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a twelve (12) month per year, full-time exempt position. The standard work hours will be Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; however, work hours may vary due to work demands and some evening and weekend work may be required. This position is overtime exempt.
In accordance with the Child/Adult Information Act, RCW 43.43.830, the candidate selected for hire will be subject to a Criminal History Background Check. Additionally, pursuant to RCW 43.43.845(3), an inquiry will be made for employees and volunteers in the Washington Courts database for civil adjudications as a condition for consideration of employment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment, and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of the College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4833.
- Occasional need to lift at least twenty (20) pounds;
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Frequent need for oral, written and auditory communication; and
- Requires frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco