On-Call Figure Models
Working from live models is an integral part of the RISD student learning experience. To facilitate this, Rhode Island School of Design maintains a registry of models available for assignment to a wide range of classes.
Figure Models provide inspiration to students in classroom settings by holding a variety of poses or going through a variety of gestures for the purpose of inspiring works of art.
Models pose either alone or with other models. Poses may include any one or the combination of the following: nudity, costuming, demonstration of gestures, the demonstration of grace or fluidity of the human body, the demonstration of strength in the human body, the depiction of skeletal and/or muscular structure and/or the depiction of fullness, roundness and/or curves.
Currently, we are seeking a diverse group of models with varying body shapes, sizes, muscle tone, and skin tone for the current academic year 2020-2021. We welcome applicants with demonstrated success working in an intercultural environment that reflects our student body, staff, and faculty, and embraces our vision and mission.
- Experience in or knowledge of modeling required.
- Must be able to recapture on-going pose between breaks.
- Ability to exercise patience and capable of waiting without working for long periods of time.
- Understanding of and respect for the creative and teaching processes and demonstrated the ability to support these processes without interruption.
- Ability to work with others and/or independently and to take instruction.
- Required to successfully complete a background check.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and elicit an energetic and creative environment.
- Demonstrated success in working with diverse populations in an inclusive environment.
Documents Needed to Apply
Please attach a picture of yourself instead of a cover letter (REQUIRED).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family: