Administrative Assistant - Temporary Pool
Administrative Assistant - Temporary Pool
Position Number: TP 001
Salary for Announcement: Commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: Temporary Administrative Assistant Pool
Administrative Assistants ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other staff.
Administrative Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
• Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
• Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
• Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
• Greet students/visitors to the department in a professional and friendly manner
• Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
• Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
• Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
• Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
• Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
• Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
• Code and file material according to the established procedures
• Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
• Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
• Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
• Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
• Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
Provide Administrative Support
• With supervisor, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
• Ensure the timely distribution of materials to departments/students/visitors
• Support the meetings and arrange travel
• Draft minutes meetings for review by the supervisor
• Create action list for management staff from board meetings
•Administrative Assistants work in an office environment.
•Administrative Assistants usually work a standard work week.
•Administrative Assistants may be required to work some overtime hours.
1-3 years’ experience working in an office setting.
Experience collaborating with others on projects.
Experience providing customer service.
Experience using computer programs for:Word processing, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail and internet.
Experience using office equipment, includes but is not limited to:computer, voice messaging systems, fax, and photo copier.
•Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience (1 year of education is equivalent to 2 years of experience)
•Post-secondary education in business, computers, or clerical experience is an asset
•Experience coordinating travel arrangements for professional staff
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
1) Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
2) Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
3) Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
4) Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
5) Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
6) Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
7) Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
8) Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
9) Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Posting Date: 04/14/2015
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/13068