- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 10, Group Policy, Active Directory and supporting technologies (DNS, DHCP, DFS) with 3 to 5 years’ experience. The right person for this role must be capable of supporting clients' in Azure and on-premises environments, completing task loads and responding to customer requests in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Basic wired networking troubleshooting experience. Advanced networking knowledge desired but not required. Scripting (Powershell, VB) and automation tools knowledge. Work within the ticketing system to monitor, track, and resolve client issues Remote/ on campus client interaction through Microsoft Teams. Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure Support and troubleshoot security and firewall-based solutions. Support and troubleshoot cloud-based solutions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WORK ENVIRONMENT This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PRIMARY DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures. Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and performance
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes. Performance monitoring and remediation for server and computer systems.
Additional Requirement: A background and credit check will be required of the successful applicant. An official transcript (if applicable) and names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) references will be required of the successful.
Required Qualifications: Licenses or Certificates: MCSA, MCSE, A+, Server+, Security+ desired. applicant.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems highly desirable