Director of the Library - LMS Course Designer
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and name a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean Serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers over 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population live on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
I. Job Summary
The Director of the Library also serves as Classroom Technology Liaison and LMS Course Designer.
II. Job Duties
- Plans, organizes and manages all services of the library;
- Establishes goals and measures accomplishments against recognized standards (ACRL NECHE);
- Studies and plans the development of services to meet more effectively the present and future needs of the Dean College community;
- Advises and consults with the Academic Vice President, Deans and Curriculum Coordinators to support academic initiatives;
- Represents the library at curriculum meetings and other meetings as necessary;
- Represents Dean College at Minuteman Network meetings, Metro West library meetings, and meetings with state officials;
- Is a strong advocate for the interests of the library and its role in the academic and social life of the College;
- Recruits, selects and trains new personnel;
- Coordinates continued training and development of staff members
- Evaluates the performance of library staff;
- Prepares and manages the departmental budget;
- Supervises the keeping of records and preparation of reports;
- Directs programs to promote and publicize the library to faculty and students;
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments in the library field;
- Meets with faculty to create programs and services to enhance the curriculum;
- Manages the Circulation Desk;
- Serves as back-up to all other library positions;
- Contributes to the philosophy and mission of the College;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LMS COURSE DESIGNER/CLASSROOM TECHNOLOGY LIAISON DUTIES
- Supports faculty in the development of effective learning environments for online, hybrid, and face-to-face course sections;
- Collaborates with faculty to ensure that courses meet approved outcomes and. incorporate both established and emerging technologies effectively;
- Develops and implements regular training for faculty on how to teach online and how to use the LMS for hybrid and face-to-face classes;
- Researches and evaluates new developments in online learning and instructional technology and assists faculty in their implementation as appropriate;
- Provides Just-in-Time software training to individuals and small groups of faculty and staff as appropriate;
- Responds to faculty, staff and student questions via email, phone and in person;
- Provides in-person support for the college Learning Management System (LMS);
- Researches developments in educational technology and helps faculty to apply new technology to courses as appropriate;
- Attends appropriate conferences and seminars to maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of new instructional software and pedagogical techniques;
- Presents on topics related to distance learning, technology and course design at state, regional, or national meetings, as appropriate;
- Serves on intra-departmental college committees;
- Consults with faculty on the design of curriculum and instruction and effective uses of multimedia;
- Provides instructional design expertise to in order to establish pedagogically sound online and face-to-face learning experiences;
- Promotes effective learning strategies and instructional technologies in online and face-to-face learning environments;
- Assists in creating and maintaining assessment criteria for evaluation of course delivery outcomes;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises all full-and part-time library staff and Federal Work Study students and any interns.
- MLS or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university;
- Demonstrated experience using Learning Management Software (Canvas, Moodle);
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office Suite, video creation and editing software, screencasting tools;
- Demonstrated experience using traditional classroom technology;
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, both in face-to-face and online environments.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Librarians & Library Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Franklin