Senior Research Operations Associate
The Human Genome Sequencing Center was founded in 1996 under the leadership of Dr. Richard Gibbs and is a world leader in genomics. The fundamental interests of the HGSC are in advancing biology and genetics by improved genome technologies. As one of the four large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health, the HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of genomic science in a state of the art institution. Today, the HGSC employs ~ 200 staff, and it occupies more than 36,000 square feet on the 14th, 15th, and 16th floors of the Margaret M. and Albert B. Alkek Building. The HGSC is located on the southwest edge of downtown Houston, the fourth largest city in the U.S., in the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical complex. The major activity of the HGSC is high-throughput DNA sequence generation and the accompanying analysis. The HGSC is also involved in developing the next generation of DNA sequencing and bioinformatics technologies that will allow greater scientific advances in the future. Most recently the HGSC has partnered with Harris County Public Health to offer Covid-19 testing for the Houston area.
The HGSC is seeking a project manager to assist in the management and coordination for Covid-19 Testing. The project manager will assist the Director of Project Development in activities related to COVID-19 partner communication and outreach. The project manager will also assist in supply tracking, sample scheduling, budget oversight and proposal development as needed. Good communication is essential and advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office is required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Oversees, manages, and leads day-to-day research operations to ensure that current and long-term business goals are met.
• Communicates with Covid-19 testing partners to understand their specific requirements related to supplies and other testing needs.
• Oversees communication and requests from test subjects to receive additional results copies of results.
• Coordinates planning meetings surrounding research or administrative projects.
• Develops and coordinates methods and procedures for implementing and administering the project.
• May manage project-specific budgetary and fiscal activities, including budget planning and analysis.
• May prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
• Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being made toward specified program objectives.
• Prepares recurring activities for management use.
• May develop databases for the research or administrative project.
• Queries HGSC LIMS and other databases to create reports and status updates.
• Interacts with faculty, staff and students to promote the goals and objectives of the project.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Requires the exercise of tact and diplomacy in dealing with faculty, staff and external partners and patients
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
• Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft software programs including word processing, outlook, spreadsheets, and graphics.
• Requires effective project management skills
• Prior experience with data management in an academic or healthcare setting preferred
• Experience with HIPAA compliance a plus
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston