Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
The Menninger Clinic ( www.menningerclinic.com ) is one of the nation's premier mental health care providers. We are dedicated to treating individuals with complex mental illness, including severe mood, personality, anxiety, and addictive disorders throughout the spectrum of inpatient to outpatient care. We are equally committed to teaching future mental health professionals and advancing mental healthcare through research. Menninger is an affiliated teaching hospital for Baylor College of Medicine ( www.bcm.edu ). Baylor is a leading academic health science institutions located within the world's largest medical center. It is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service.
The Research Scientist's responsibilities include developing innovative research in mental health; seeking/securing external funding to support their research; and developing research collaborations with other areas within the The Menninger Clinic, as well as local, regional, national, and global collaborations. We are looking for a strong candidate who is excited to build an independent research group around his or her research interests, and help grow The Menninger Clinic Research Department. This position will include a faculty appointment at the Baylor College of Medicine.
- Analyze data with advanced approaches to outcomes and electronic health record (e.g., natural language processing, machine learning)
- Development of software to streamline approaches to data within The Menninger Clinic
- Building and maintaining internal and external collaborations across the Texas Medical Center and beyond
- Writing of papers for publication
- External and internal grant writing
- Engagement in departmental activities, including team meetings, Research Journal Club, Research Council
The candidate must possess a doctoral degree in Bioengineering, Computer Science or related field (post-doctoral experience preferred). One year of related experience in a psychiatric hospital or clinic. A record of published research, strong potential to obtain external/peer-reviewed funding, and excellent teamwork and communication skills are also required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.