Instructor - Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Primarily function as the Outpatient NP for the Structural Heart Program.
- Works closely with the Inpatient NP and will be cross-trained to cover inpatient duties.
- Collaborates with the Structural Heart Patient Coordinator on procedure work-up paperwork.
- Drafts progress notes for physician's clinic sessions at both McNair and Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center clinics.
- Attends all physician clinic sessions and performs physical and assessment examinations of all patients in advance of physician.
- Independently sees patients on assigned clinic days.
- Oversees clinic scheduling by MA and Patient Coordinator for new referrals and follow-up appointments.
- Places orders in Epic for outpatient testing.
- Calls patients with test results within 48 hours of completion for normal tests and 24 hours for abnormal tests.
- Participates in peer-to-peer reviews and prepares cardiac risk assessment letters.
- Arranges pre-admission for clinic patients as required, including collaborating and discussing with Hospitalists and ensuring direct admission reservation is made correctly.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Preferred experience: Cardiology
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.