Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
TITLE: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative (Confidential)
AREA AND FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the President or designee, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for providing vision, leadership, oversight and sound fiscal management for the financial operations of the College.
CHARACTERISTICS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide oversight and direction for the planning, organization and leadership of the College’s Accounting, Bookstore, Bursar, Fiscal Operations (includes Accounts Payable and Payroll), and Purchasing financial units. Establish goals, objectives, policies, procedures and action plans that are consistent with the College’s strategic plan.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the College. Provide oversight and supervision for the operating, capital and grants budgets and budget models; allocation, disbursement and control of fiscal resources; chart of accounts; account reconciliations; year-end closings; tax filings; audit preparations; accounts receivables; accounts payables; student financial aid and accounting; grant accounting; preparation of financial statements and reports; cash receipts; preparation of revenue projections and risk assessments; and other related fiscal activities.
- Devise rules and procedures to enhance operational efficiency of the College’s Banner financial software. Develop guidelines for successful and timely completion of annual and periodic financial audits and ensure compliance with prescribed guidelines.
- Collaboratively work with other units of the College to design a comprehensive procurement plan for the efficient and economic delivery and payment of goods and services, in compliance with College and statutory mandates.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal control and financial reporting policies, standards and procedures that assure the fiscal, payroll and procurement practices comply with external rules, regulations and restrictions and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Lead staff in development of annual operating and capital budgets. Maintain multi-year budget models, which are aligned with and support the College’s strategic priorities.
- Develop guidelines for successful and timely completion of annual and periodic financial audits and ensure compliance with prescribed guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Board of Trustees’ policies; college, county, state and federal regulations; generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); and other statutory requirements.
- Serve as the College’s finance liaison on the Affinity Council and other related groups.
- Handle and/or manage sensitive information and adhere to strict confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and security of staff, student, and client records.
- Prepare routine, special, and ancillary reports as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN:
Oral and written instructions are received from the President or designee. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) may supervise administrative, professional and support staff, and student workers.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree.
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience in financial planning or budget management at the senior management level, preferably in higher education.
- Substantive evidence of success in overseeing an entity’s budget planning processes with expertise in the preparation of complex, detailed financial and budgetary analyses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial, investment, statutory and Internal Revenue Service mandates, plans and funding formulas, institutional Master Plans, preferably applicable to higher education at the community college level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget and technology models that link resource allocation performance and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated skills in the supervision of multiple complex units with the proven ability to effect and influence change through a collaborative and inclusive approach.
- Proven ability to provide vision and leadership in matters pertaining to financial affairs, and effectively represent an educational institution with external constituents.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctorate degree in Business Administration, or related area.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Newark
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Newark
- Financial Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Newark
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Newark