Creative Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy-CFAD
Must provide the following: Cover Letter, Resume, List of Professional References, Marketing/Branding Portfolio, Writing Sample
The Creative Director of Marketing and Brand Strategy works with the staff and faculty of art industry professionals from the six departments within the College of Fine Arts and Design. They are responsible for listening to, advocating for and articulating the visions and values of all CFAD departments to both those already engaged with CFAD as well as prospective partners.
This person will:
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing programs and activities on brochures, press releases and websites.
- Facilitate the planning and creating of innovative marketing and branding strategies, tactics, messaging, and materials.
- Conduct and use research data and analysis to inform positioning, branding, and messaging.
- Provide subject matter expertise with regard to leading practices in marketing.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the university and its constituents, partners, outside vendors, and media audiences.
- Plan and manage budgets relating to marketing activities.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with University Communications, faculty and department chairs in developing targeted promotions.
- Works directly with departments to coordinate and promote student recruitment strategies.
- Acts as writer and editor for CFAD and oversees content including images.
- Develops innovative and well researched marketing strategies that include print, social media, web, and news outlets.
- Oversees development of e-marketing campaigns, including email blasts.
- Negotiates all advertising rates and cooperative advertising buys for the college.
- Conducts market research for all of CFAD as needed.
- Highlights and coordinates targeted CFAD stories to send to the media to generate coverage of events, performances and exhibitions.
- Schedules campus photographers to take pictures of events, performances and exhibitions.
- Maintains Budget for Marketing division.
- Oversees all requisitions and credit card charges for advertising, printing etc.
- Manages and makes connections through community outreach efforts and seeks community engagement from inside and outside the university.
- Manages and oversees a small staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field or appropriate professional equivalency.
- 2+ years of marketing experience required or appropriate professional equivalency.
- Experience successfully leading a team and planning innovative marketing and branding strategies.
- Candidate must have a marketing/branding portfolio and writing samples
- Graphic Design
- An ambassador and advocate for the arts
- Facilitating social media campaigns
- Delegating and working efficiently with a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaborative skills
- Troubleshooting and timely problem solving
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with a variety of constituencies including students, faculty, staff, philanthropic, arts community and government leaders.
- Excellent computer and technology skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and an acute attention to detail.
- An ability to multitask, addressing and pursuing several projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of energy, creativity and initiative ideation.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.