Door Monitor (PT) - Utica Campus
Position Title: Door Monitor (PT) - Utica Campus
Salary: $11.80 per hour
High school diploma required, associate’s degree preferred. Excellent communication, have a high attention to detail and show ethics and integrity in their work, enjoy working with others, ability to solve problems quickly and courteously, a high-degree of self-control and are tolerant to minor daily stressors while being helpful and sensitive to the needs of others, and dependable.
This position supports the College, and helps maintain a safe and healthy environment, by modeling and demonstrating the highest standard of excellence in quality customer service while monitoring and facilitating building access to facilities on the Utica Campus.
Individual shifts will be less than 6 hours in length and be scheduled Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Some weekend hours may be required, with advanced notice.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Monitors entrances to buildings, including viewing daily employee and student COVID-19 symptom data via apps or online forms, checking visitor temperatures, checking for and supply guests with colored wristbands, scanning College IDs, inputting identification numbers into a database, having guests complete required paperwork, and denying entry to individuals that do not pass the necessary protocols in order to gain access to a facility;
- Arrives on-time for scheduled shifts or works with the appropriate staffing/scheduling supervisor to obtain replacement if unable to work;
- Models and demonstrates the highest levels of quality customer service in all interactions with students, employees, and visitors;
- Notifies the Department of Public Safety for emergency situations;
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures;
- Ability to stand for long periods, sometimes for the duration of an event.
- All other duties as assigned by Staffing/Scheduling Supervisor.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 8/24/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica