Assistant Director of Athletics, SID
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity for academic and personal success. A uniquely supportive community since 1865, Dean has woven together extensive student support and engagement with exceptional teaching and innovative campus activities. Our graduates are lifetime learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership. This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and name a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean Serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers over 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population live on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
Assists with the organization, administration, coordination and event management of the Department of Athletics, while ensuring effective Sports Information and Social Media management.
II. Job Duties
- Assist with the organization, administration, and coordination of the athletic programs, including the training and supervision of staff;
- Be responsible for, take an active role in, and supervise the overall delivery for the athletic department's game/event management;
- Assist in Fall Sports Pre-season activities; involves working with Head Coaches, Residence Life, Dining services, and other impacted campus departments;
- Coordinate and lead, with athletic department staff, the college's student work study program;
- Schedule and contract all intercollegiate athletic contests in collaboration with head coaches;
- Provide input in the selection of coaches and other department staff personnel;
- Assist the Director with the supervision of coaching personnel;
- When appropriate, represent the College in matters involving the NCAA, GNAC, and ECFC.
- Assist in the student recruitment process by working closely with the recruiting coordinators and the Admissions Department;
- Work closely with the Compliance Officer to assure athletic department policy and eligibility standards meet NCAA regulations;
- Represent the Athletic Department on various College-wide Committees;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure an effective Sports Information and Social Media Presence at all home games and attend specified away games;
- Manage social media outlets. Maintain, create, and distribute via Facebook, twitter, and Instagram, etc. information pertaining to Dean athletics;
- Produce department highlight and promotional videos to build brand awareness and showcase student athlete excellence via social media;
- Prepare news releases for local newspapers, TV and radio stations;
- Prepare and design media guides, official game programs or necessary information;
- Ensure effective coverage of game responsibilities, including but not limited to; records maintenance, statistics and highlights compiled and transmitted to media/NCAA/others after all games. This includes all pre-season, in-season, and post season materials for all NCAA Division III sports;
- After games and for sporting events, provide statistics to coaches of both teams and to the, GNAC, ECFC, and NCAA offices, along with statistics and game highlights to media contacts;
- Promote student athletes and coaches for various conference, NCAA, and sport specific athletic and academic awards.
- Compile and submit reporting forms for conference and national statistics leaders;
- Ensure that the Dean College athletics website is maintained and updated;
- Develop and maintain all Sports Information department procedures, reports, updates and records of activity, as well as photo files in accordance with department procedures; archive historical Athletics information;
- Recruit, train and supervise student workers to perform office work and assist in recording statistical and other information at games.
- Direct student workers as assistants in maintaining records during games and compile statistics after games;
- Serve as Game Day event supervisor and coordinate support staff for home athletic events, to include but not limited to: Scorer's Table - PA announcer, Scoreboard and Shot Clock Operators, Official Scorer, Stat Crew, Halftime MC, Halftime Performers, Spirit Squads, and coordinate pregame, halftime, and postgame needs for game officials and visiting teams;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required;
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university highly desired;
- Minimum three years of experience in athletic administration. Working knowledge of the NCAA;
- In-depth knowledge of web/social media technology, strong writing skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills, including public speaking, and the ability to lead projects;
- Ability to work evening and weekends in preparation for and during athletic events;
- Ability to make frequent local and long distance trips;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Provisional Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.