Admission Coordinator of Graduate Programs
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Admission Coordinator of Graduate Programs provides moderately complex administrative support to the students, faculty, and staff of the department. Working independently, under general supervision, this position facilitates the day-to-day operations of the department office, maintains data and records, and coordinates projects.
- Works closely with the College of Graduate Studies to monitor and facilitate application and admission processes for business graduate degrees and advanced certificates.
- Provides routine, general advice and counsel to prospective students on specific College of Business graduate admissions and general San Jose State University (SJSU) requirements.
- Input Key Responsibilities Collaborates with Program Coordinators and Graduate Evaluators to assure timely, efficient processing of applications.
- Develops and maintains databases to record and track applicants, admissions, and students.
- Monitors and updates applicants file completion.
- Facilitates admission process transactions between Business Graduate Programs office and Admission and Records, Bursar’s Office, International Programs and Services.
- Coordinates and monitors electronic, paper, phone, and in-person communications with prospective Business Graduate students and applicants.
- Functions as Office Manager dealing with day-to-day operations of office, equipment, mail supplies, vendors and SJSU Facilities Development and Operations.
- Monitors budgets and prepares all purchase requisitions for the Lucas Graduate School of Business.
- Assists program directors and coordinators with planning and communications related to student orientations, graduation banquets, career fairs, and guest speakers’ events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of technology systems and software applications: DocuSign, Microsoft Office, G Suite (e.g., Gmail, Google drive), database management, spreadsheets, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of fund accounting practices and the ability to maintain multiple detailed spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft/CMS HR, Student Admin. FTS, CFS, Data Warehouse, SAMI, and Student Data Warehouse.
- Knowledge of SJSU financial processes – procurements, accounts payable, and accounting services.
- Ability to extract and analyze data and reports from all SJSU financial systems: FTS, CFS, CFS Data Warehouse.
- Thorough knowledge of University methods, procedures, practices and infrastructure.
- Excellent English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, and SJSU policies and procedures as well as the ability to articulate them to various audiences.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently and to use initiative.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of all operational functions.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, determine priorities, set schedules, and adapt to schedule changes.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring inference.
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Enrollment experience within Higher Education, preferably within a College of Business
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Customer Relation Management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSU rules and regulations regarding recruitment and admissions
- Demonstrated knowledge of international rules and regulations regarding admissions
- Demonstrated knowledge of advising and recruiting techniques
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Hiring Range: $3,115/month - $5,639/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: August 18, 2020 through September 1, 2020 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: August 18, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose