Tech I/II/III/IV, Research
Requisition Number S394P Home Org Name Schl Fisheries Aquac Aquat Sci Division Name College of Agriculture Position Title Tech I/II/III/IV, Research Job Class Code HB05 A/B/C/D Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term Yes Limited Term Length 1 year Job Summary
This position is located at the Auburn University Shellfish Laboratory in Dauphin Island, Alabama. The individual selected for the position will assist the manager of the AU Shellfish Laboratory with field and laboratory shellfish related research; field rearing of shellfish; maintenance of shellfish research farm including experimental research; facility, hatchery system, and research gear maintenance; and vehicle and vessel maintenance.
This is a limited term appointment funded from external sources. Continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of funds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
*Maintenance of shellfish field research farms including research gear and shellfish and selected breeding lines.
*Assist AUSL manager with research priorities on farm sites.
*Assist AUSL manager with unit’s facilities and equipment upkeep and maintenance. *Assist in maintenance of vehicles and vessels used for field work.
Education Level High School diploma or equivalent Field of Study Years of Experience No experience required for entry level I Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Tech II, Research: High school diploma or equivalent plus 1 year of relevant experience in research and/or lab equipment
Tech III, Research: High school diploma or equivalent plus 4 years of relevant experience in research and/or lab equipment
Tech IV, Research: High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 years of relevant experience in research and/or lab equipment
Education Level Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed. Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
1. Able to swim and be comfortable working in bay and open ocean environments on boats and in the water.
2. Must be able to lift 50 lbs minimum.
3. Ability to operate and maintain shellfish aquaculture equipment including mechanical graders and field grow-out gear.
4. Ability to trailer and operate boats and perform basic maintenance.
Minimum Technology Skills
Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, smartphones, laptop and tablet computers.
Minimum License and Certifications
A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment is required as well as reliable transportation to sites (with mileage reimbursement). Must be able to obtain vessel operators designation on driver’s license.
1. Experience with shellfish aquaculture or other related aquaculture.
2. Knowledge of shellfish aquaculture and basic shellfish hatchery and nursery operations.
Salary Grade 28 Salary Range $22,300 - $52,100 Job Category Research Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Must be able to swim and be comfortable working in bay and open ocean environments on boats and in the water. Must be able to lift 50 lbs minimum. Posting Date 08/18/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and attach/upload the following: Cover letter, Resume
Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19094 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn