University Code 17011 University Title Trades Worker 1 University Job Family Facilities Management ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Housekeeper Position Number 582170 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Recreational Sports Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing housekeeping services at all Recreational Sports facilities, including the Cary Street Gym, the Larrick Student Center, the Outing Rental Center, and the Cary Street Field. This includes but is not limited to: performing sanitation and cleaning, removing trash and litter, repairing equipment, conducting inspections of facilities, ensuring appropriate inventory, etc. The position will indirectly supervise part-time housekeeping staff, and reports to the Housekeeping Coordinator.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
- Previous housekeeping experience.
- Applied knowledge of cleaning equipment, chemicals, and procedures.
- Ability to work weekends, mornings, and nights.
- Ability to lift and handle physical equipment set-ups for various activities.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Position is located in a non-smoking work area.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Several years of experience in a position requiring similar responsibilities
- Previous experience maintaining various flooring surfaces, including wood, tile, polished concrete, and epoxy.
- Experience working in a university/college recreational sports setting
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 21,000-23,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hours/week Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 6am-2:30pm Job Open Date 08/18/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100237 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond