Dining Experience Associate
RISD Dining + RISD • Caters is seeking a part-time Dining Experience Associate (DEA) to join its self-operated Dining Department. RISD Dining recognizes that food is not only a necessity; it’s an ideal way to bring students together outside their studio work. With a philosophy of exceptional hospitality and a dedication to supporting seasonal menuing and local purchasing, the RISD Dining team provides the perfect setting for commensality to our greater community.
RISD DEA's serve customers in a professional and courteous manner. Work independently and efficiently to set up (open) and break down (close) various campus locations according to the venues specific requirements. Have the flexibility to work at various locations on campus as directed by supervisor in order to meet department wide needs. Reconciles daily cash receipts and transactions with credit/debit cards. Ensures the cleanliness of assigned location.
- Sets up and opens any RISD Dining location campus-wide. Ability
to move from one auxiliary operation to another on a daily basis,
as needed by the department, ensuring that all food items and
supplies are available and presented for the day's business. This
includes, but is not limited to: preparation of condiment and
coffee station(s), brewing appropriate coffee amounts and
selections as predetermined by each location and checking/filling
all condiments from cups/lids to soy milk/honey; posting menus and
prices and becoming familiarized with ingredients in each menu
item; and receiving, stocking and properly displaying items
pertaining to that operation.
- Ensures that all health code procedures are followed. This includes but is not limited to; temperature management, personal hygiene and sanitation.
- Waits on a heavy volume of customers in a timely and courteous manner, representing RISD and the Dining department professionally and knowledgeably to a diverse clientele including students, faculty, staff, museum visitors and the general public.Adheres to established customer service goals and standards.
- Follows all opening and closing procedures for proper cash handling. This includes maintaining cashier?s log and verifying cash drawer prior to and at the end of each shift and proving out daily receipts.
- Follows specific procedures for ordering and receiving products at each location to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Keeps all areas clean and restocked.Ensures that all front-of-house areas are properly maintained by wiping, washing, sweeping and picking up debris.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and
experience is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Prior cash handling experience.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- One to three years of progressively responsible experience, in restaurant, college or cafe-style food service is preferred.
- Rhode Island sanitation/ServSafe certification is preferred.
This is a part-time, 26 hour per week position. Specific schedule to be discussed with candidates.
Dining and Catering staff are considered essential personnel and are therefore required to work even when the school is closed.
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter (preferred)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Dining - Operations