Coordinator, Evaluations (re-advertised)
Antelope Valley College
Coordinator, Evaluations (re-advertised)
Salary: $4,133.39 Monthly
Deadline: 8/28/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Complete job description and application available online at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/avc/jobs/2701074/coordinator-evaluations-re-advertised?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment Services, performs complex and responsible duties related to the evaluation of student records to determine graduation eligibility and certification of general education requirements. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
E = indicates essential duties of the position
• Reviews and evaluates academic records and transcripts to determine graduation eligibility; determines eligibility for degrees and Certificates; manages and directs the workflow for the degree and certificate evaluation process; notifies students of deficiencies and/or failure to meet specific requirements. (E)
• Interprets, communicates, applies and explain rules, state regulations, District policies and procedures related to degrees and certificates; provide technical information and assistance to students, department, co-workers, educational institutions, community organizations, and agencies to exchange information and coordinate activities related to evaluating student records. (E)
• Prepares, updates, and maintains graduation records, files, lists and statistics; maintain a variety of technical records and files related to evaluation activities and functions. (E)
• Trains and provides work direction to student assistants and other personnel as assigned; participates in selection and evaluation of student assistants. (E)
• Operates computer to update records (code graduates), input data (electronic graduation check), generate reports and verifies student information; assures accuracy and completeness of data. (E)
• Calculates GPA's for The Financial Aide and Transcript offices. (E)
• Maintains proficiency with required software including SCT Banner, Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word through periodic training courses.
• Orders diplomas, checks for name accuracy upon receipt and distributes to graduates. (E)
• Maintains library of other college catalogues.
• Maintains current knowledge with respect to academic programs, courses, and requirements. (E)
• Verifies accuracy of academic data entered into student information systems; verifies level, contents, unit values and grading system of courses for students who have taken academic work at other colleges; determines credits to be granted towards meeting specific requirements; consults with appropriate faculty, staff and administration to resolve problem issues. (E)
• Certifies lower division general education transfer requirements including IGETC and CSU general education certification; evaluates and interprets policies on lower division transfer requirements between AVC and other institutions of higher learning; renders decisions on transferability and grading conversions. (E)
• Certifies nursing students to the State Boards for December and June graduates. (E)
• Assists in planning graduation ceremonies.
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Any combination equivalent to: two years of college course work in business, social science or related field and three years increasingly responsible experience working with student records and transcripts and involving frequent public contact.
• College policies, procedures, graduation requirements, general education certification and course contents.
• Procedures and methods involved in the evaluation of student records and transcripts.
• Military service school equivalency credits.
• College catalogs, course descriptions, course numbering systems and course equivalencies.
• Computerized student information system.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Applicable sections of State Education Code and other applicable laws.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Operation of a computer and applicable software.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• District, State and federal admissions and records laws, regulations, functions and activities.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Perform a variety of complex and responsible duties related to the evaluation of student records to determine graduation eligibility and certification of general education requirements.
• Perform complex and technical clerical work with speed and accuracy.
• Analyze transcripts and make appropriate interpretive judgments.
• Explain rules, regulations and policies related to the evaluation of student records.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Plan and organize work.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Compile and verify data and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Work confidentially with discretion.
• Complete work with many interruptions.
• Train and provide work direction to students.
• Operate a computer and necessary software.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not applicable – no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, other departmental staff, other college evaluators, other educational institutions, community organizations, and students
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal.
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
• Reaching to file and retrieve records.
• Light lifting of materials.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions and frequent interaction with students, staff and the public.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at https://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/employment or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.