Graduate Learning Support Specialist - Student Affairs for Health Professions
Summary: Marian University has an opening for a Full-Time Graduate Learning Support Specialist. This position reports to the Director of Academic Support Services and provides a variety of academic support initiatives such as transition and development programs; intervention for at risk students; and tutoring and mentoring programs. In addition, the Specialist will both collaborate with faculty advisors and work one-on-one with struggling and at-risk students to build individualized learning plans and strategies. The Specialist will serve the needs of the doctor of osteopathic medicine, master of biomedical science, and doctor of nursing practice student populations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate one-on-one and group academic support and cognitive skills development sessions with graduate & professional students.
- Facilitate a system for identifying at-risk and academically struggling students.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new and continuing student orientation activities for the health professions.
- Provide appropriate referrals to mental health counseling services as well as learning disorder and disability assessment when needed.
- Assist in the outreach and intervention programs for student who have failed medical licensing exams or are at risk for failure.
- Consult regularly with faculty from each academic program and department to share information about struggling students and to develop academic support experiences that promote student success.
- Provide one-on-one academic counseling for students in the areas of study skills, test-taking strategies, licensing exam preparation, anxiety reduction, long-term recall, priority management and others.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and groups utilizing Academic Support Services. Utilize these records to generate reports that have value to institutional management & planning.
- Serve as an integral member of student success teams or committees as assigned in designing support interventions for struggling or at-risk students.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals
- Adheres to the department budget
Apply for Graduate Learning Support Specialist - Student Affairs for Health Professions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis