Career Advisor and Graduate Education (GME) Specialist - Student Affairs for Health Professions
Summary: Marian University has an opening for a Full-Time Career Advisor and Graduate Medical Education (GME) Specialist. This position reports to the Director of Graduate Medical Education (GME) Advising and Applications and serves as a lead career development advisor in the doctor of osteopathic medicine, master of biomedical science, and doctor of nursing practice academic programs. This position takes a lead role in planning and implementing major career-related events such as the DO Match Day celebration and the health-related job fair known as Hospital Day. The Specialist also coordinates activities related to the medical residency match process and assures that all elements of residency application for all students are created, collected, and uploaded in a timely manner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Provide one-on-one and group career development advising to the DO, BMS, and DNP student populations. Directly advise 1st and 2nd year medical students in self-exploration and medical specialty fit.
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and groups utilizing services to maintain and generate reports that have value to institutional management & planning.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals
- Adheres to the department budget
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Career Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis