Associate Dean for Student Success and Academics
Associate Dean for Student Success and Academics
The College of Arts & Sciences (COAS) at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide (ERAU-W) invites applications for the position of Associate Dean for Student Success and Academics. The College seeks a dynamic, nationally recognized academic leader who will be responsible for all college curricula, including assessment and evaluation, and all aspects of student success specific to the needs of traditional and non-traditional learners.
Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean for Student Success and Academics will have a distinguished record of recognized excellence and experience that will result in strong leadership for the following:
- Developing, implementing, and continuously improving innovative, interdisciplinary curricula;
- Strategically planning for innovative academic and student success programs;
- Collaborating with faculty, College leadership, Dean of Students, Registrar, Enrollment Management, and Learning Centers on academic and student success initiatives;
- Overseeing quality of instruction and promoting innovative teaching methods by mentoring faculty in the area of instructional excellence;
- Creating a culture across departments and colleges that values a team-based and collaborative approach to academics and student support;
- Coordinating all COAS academic and administrative assessment activity;
- Using national trends to strategically inform and influence the educational environment;
- Resolving curricular and academic program issues;
- Implementing and evaluating the General Education Program, including student competencies, at multiple institutional levels;
- Providing leadership and mentoring for all COAS accreditation activities;
- Providing operational and budgetary oversight for COAS initiatives as appropriate.
COAS recently engaged in strategic planning activities that led to a revitalized COAS Strategic Directions & Action Plan (https://worldwide.erau.edu/colleges/arts-sciences) that will guide the College’s work and resources through 2022. Specifically, COAS initiatives such as Pathways to Success, Faculty Mentoring for Student Success, and the Virtual Communication Lab are innovative ways in which students are supported throughout their ERAU-W experience. The Associate Dean for Student Success and Academics will provide leadership and mentoring for faculty leaders of these programs, in order to maintain the positive momentum inspired by this ongoing work.
COAS comprises four departments: Applied Sciences; Humanities and Communication; Security and Emergency Services; and STEM Education. Its scholars work in diverse fields such as atmospheric sciences, communication, computer science, emergency management, environmental science, homeland security, humanities, mathematics, physics, political science, psychology, and sociology. Therefore, the ideal candidate should have significant experience leading faculty in multidisciplinary environments.
While the Associate Dean for Student Success and Academics will be based at Worldwide headquarters in Daytona Beach, FL, COAS faculty are located around the world. The ideal candidate, then, will be highly adept at digital communication and proficient at motivating and leading virtual teams.
COAS offers four bachelor’s degrees: Communication, Homeland Security, Interdisciplinary Studies, and Emergency Services, which recently was recognized with a #1 national ranking from Best Colleges. Graduate programs include master’s degrees in Emergency Services, Cybersecurity Management & Policy, and Human Security & Resilience, with more planned for the near future. In addition to degree programs, COAS provides over 2,000 sections of general education courses as part of every degree program at Embry-Riddle Worldwide, with a focus on developing students’ critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, information literacy, communication, scientific literacy, cultural literacy, and collaboration skills. The Worldwide campus has an enrollment of 23,000 students, delivering courses globally (primarily online via Canvas), synchronously via Eagle Vision to both homes and classrooms, face-to-face at over 130 locations, and in a blended format. ERAU-W has earned a Top 5 ranking during the past seven years for Best Online Bachelor’s programs from U.S. News & World Report.
Position and Application Requirements
This is a senior-level position in the College, requiring a doctorate in a COAS discipline or related field from an accredited academic program. Professional credentials should support an appointment as a tenured faculty member at the rank of Associate or Full Professor in one of the COAS departments. Please ensure that your application materials clearly support these requirements.
Consideration of applications will begin October 19, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled; start date is August 1, 2021. Applications should include a CV, contact information for three references, and a detailed letter discussing administrative experience, academic qualifications, and background that demonstrate a fit with COAS and the position. Application materials should be submitted electronically at https://careers.erau.edu/. Questions can be directed via email to Dr. Tom Sieland, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Deans Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach