Assistant/Associate Professor of Primary Care
Job Summary: The Assistant / Associate / Professor, Primary Care or Specialty Care, will be involved in the design, delivery and assessment of clinical training activities for the medical students in the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine. An emphasis of this position will be on career advising to ensure Match success and then success throughout residency. This clinician will also focus on the alignment and integration of clinical skills and basic sciences throughout the four-year curriculum. The faculty will work closely and in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs, the Assistant Dean of the Continuum of Physician Education, the Assistant Dean of Accreditation, and all COM Chairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with career counseling to assist students in evaluating career options and applying to graduate medical education training programs
- Provides academic advising and assists students through study skills, learning styles, learning resources, remediation and mentoring efforts for all levels of learners
- Monitors the national landscape for innovations in medical education training activities and benchmarks best practices to assure success in GME preparation for students
- Assists with compilation of Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letters
- Promotes faculty development of Clerkship preceptors- can include but not limited to onsite training, direct observation of leaners, and site visits
- Provides input and support into the ongoing integration of the clinical courses throughout the curriculum
- Provides didactic presentations in applicable clinical courses
- Serves as a table trainer in clinical skills courses (ICM, OPP, and Colloquium), as appropriate, throughout the four-year curriculum
- Participates in and recommends curriculum development and evaluation
- Assists in the preparation of course syllabi, objectives, lecture schedules, and testing procedures
- Serves on Committees and Task Forces as assigned
- Facilitates and/or participates in faculty and staff development activities
- Assists in the preparation of materials and documentation required for continued accreditation of the school by the COCA
- Conducts scholarly activity and/or research to support the mission of the COM
- Promotes effective working relationships among faculty, staff, and students
- Promotes interprofessional learning for students
- Maintains intellectual integrity and strives for academic excellence in her/his teaching
- Participates in other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent verbal and communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with students, faculty, staff and hospital partners.
- Must have a history of demonstrated ability to concurrently manage and complete multiple assignments, meet deadlines and exercise excellent judgment. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- DO, MD, or terminal professional degree
- Faculty experience teaching at a medical school or an affiliate of a medical school
- Prior career advising experience
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Midwestern rankings to be named #6 Most Innovative Regional University, #15 Best Value University, and #30 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work. All applications should be submitted to email@example.com. Please include the Position Title in the subject of your email.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Primary Care Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis