Manager of Purchasing, Accounting and Licensing
The Manager of Purchasing, Accounting and Licensing performs purchasing for Information and Library Services and other college departments and offices. Responsible for maintaining and processing all financial records for ILS. Works with ILS staff and other college offices to continually improve purchasing services for an increasingly diverse faculty, staff, and students. Candidates with demonstrated success in working with marginalized and underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be experienced in equity, inclusion and anti-racism practices in this area.
- Administers all technology purchasing for Information and Library Services.
- Assure equity, inclusion and anti-racism as central to their work and the delivery of services to faculty, staff and students.
- Purchases non-collection item for the library
- Manages select vendor relations, works directly with ILS directors and vendors on large and small purchases while being attentive to diversification of vendors and products.
- Manages technology purchases to get maximum value for the College, including price comparison, price negotiations and evaluation of vendor performance.
- Decides on volume of purchases based on forecasted need, stock and budget.
- Advises, consults and purchases technology for other departments.
- Processes all associated financial transactions, including (a) accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions; (b) approve and transmit vendor invoices to the A/P Dept; (c) track and transmit cash and checks to the A/R Dept; (d) reconcile credit card transactions; (e) process interdepartmental transactions; (f) reconcile cash and department transactions.
- Receives and inventories all IT purchases.
- Manages technology equipment lifecycle in backend systems such as KeyServer, Active Directory, SCCM, and Web Help Desk, including overseeing/auditing all inventory changes.
- Maintains software inventory including license counts, terms, dates cost and use.
- Grants license access to users based on contract terms on an individual basis
- Researches software licensing options and costs, including price and terms negotiation.
- Forecasts software cost for future budgeting purposes.
- Creates and refines processes, including internal spreadsheets, forecasting methods, and budget reporting for ILS VP and Directors
- Liaises with the finance department to ensure budget accuracy through capital and operating budgets.
- Maintains department wide spreadsheets for ILS budgets.
Additional Job Functions:
- Participates in maintenance of hardware and software inventories.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of contracts (software, support).
- Oversees technology equipment lifecycle.
- Ensures library consumable supplies are kept stocked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Order processing.
- Vendor management.
- Technology inventory management.
- Experience with software licensing.
- Working familiarity of current operation systems, hardware, and major software applications.
- Ongoing development around practices of equity, inclusion, access, anti-racism and educational justice in ILS and customer service.
- Working knowledge of accounting and inventory processes.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete assignments on time.
- Ability to think creatively and logically.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and resolve problems.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Successful completion of a driver's license check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lewiston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lewiston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Lewiston