Assistant Dean of Students
College of Saint Mary strives to create a safe, inclusive educational environment where every person’s worth and dignity is valued and nurtured. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Assistant Dean of Students
College of Saint Mary (CSM) invites applications for the position of Assistant Dean of Students. CSM seeks an engaging and attentive student development professional to join the thriving and student-centered Student Development and Success team to serve as the second senior officer responsible for the direction of student development and community life at College of Saint Mary. This individual reports to the Vice President for Student Development and Success.
CSM is a private, all-women’s college of approximately 1,100 students, committed to the development of students through excellent academics that combine professional and career preparation with the liberal arts. CSM is located in Omaha, a growing city with a metropolitan area population of 850,000 and is located within walking distance of the thriving Aksarben shopping area which also features a movie theatre, a wide-variety of restaurants, a farmer’s market and summer concert series. This position offers the best of both worlds – the opportunity to make an immediate impact working in a smaller, mission-focused and personalized environment and community, while living in a large, thriving metropolitan city!
The Assistant Dean of Students provides oversight to several departments, including Student Leadership and Organizations, Residence Life, Campus Ministry, and Single Parent Success, and advises our Student Senate.
Education and Experience
- Master's Degree required in college student personnel, counseling or related field with 8-10 years of related experience.
- Residence Life experience strongly preferred, as is Doctorate or ABD status.
- Experience with college age and diverse populations is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Professional development opportunities and university benefits available.
- Salary range is $65,000 to $70,000.
- Free access to the campus recreation facilities including a full gym, pool and walking trail.
- Our university’s Wellness Program allows for employees to dedicate 45 minutes, twice a week to wellness activities on-campus, during office hours.
Please apply using the following link. Please have a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references, including one supervisor, ready to upload during the application process. Applications accepted until position is filled. Optimal start date in January/February 2021.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Residence Life Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha