Medical Assistant and Campus Building Attendant
Temporary, full-time, academic year position.
TITLE: Medical Assistant and Campus Building Attendant
LOCATION: Quarantine Dorm Unit and other areas on campus as assigned
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
Responsible for direct patient care and the assisting of the MD, PA/NP, and RN’s. Provides monitoring and visibility to common areas for students to ensure students are following guidelines set forth with respect to wearing face coverings, following traffic flow, and maintaining physical distancing.
- Demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Appropriately documents patient information in EHR according to policies and procedures and training manuals.
- Schedules patients appropriately.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information to all except the other designated employees.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls and receive patients, make appropriate referrals and communicating pertinent information.
- Collect patient specimens.
- Take patient medical history and vital signs.
- Maintains a pleasant demeanor while providing a presence in the main areas.
- Makes periodic contact with building staff and continuous circulation, throughout assigned campus buildings.
- Ensures that students are in their appropriate areas and practicing physical distancing.
- Ensures that students are wearing masks when necessary.
- Ensures the dining halls are flowing in a manner that allows for appropriate distancing.
- Ensures the day student designated areas are adhering to protocols outlined by the Academy
- Assists campus safety in prohibiting unauthorized access to the areas not reserved or open to the public.
- Assists in securing the facilities when appropriate.
- Coordinates the response to any situation that threatens the safety or security of people, buildings or the facilities.
- Assists with emergencies by calling the town police and campus safety when necessary, rendering assistance, directing traffic, and directing emergency personnel to the emergency location.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, the Lamont Health and Wellness Center, Campus Safety, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents and outside organizations.
- Licensed LNA or Certified Medical Assistant required
- CPR / AED and First Aid certification
- Customer service experience desirable
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Ability to prepare and effectively present both oral and written information concerning activities and operations to internal and external cons
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to use a visual display terminal with continuous wrist movement on a keyboard.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Ability to withstand exposure to inclement weather (rain, snow, sleet, freezing temperatures, etc.).
- Successfully complete a criminal background check, (reviewed every 5 years).
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical/health screening requirements.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials in the work area.
- Must complete a harassment prevention seminar and boundary training seminar within 30 days of employment.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Brentwood