South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the academic quality, operational effectiveness, staff development, retention, improvement and growth of the campus.Accountable for quality professional education for student and graduate success by leading the overall administrative and educational functions of the campus.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Participates in the development and execution of the vision and strategic direction for the institution in concert with the Board of Trustees at South University to ensure academic excellence.
- Committed to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations.
- Manages/achieves the key outcomes of the campus. Key metrics include new student enrollment, student persistence (retention), average quarterly starting student body, approved budgets, new programs, program rollout, graduate employment rate, graduate starting salaries, and student, graduate and employee satisfaction.
- Ensures effective change leadership within a complex matrix organization.
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new academic programs and delivery models as well as continued improvement of current offerings.Assures compliance with federal, state and accrediting body standards and regulations, as well as adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Ensures strong human resources management through hiring, evaluating, and leading an effective management team, staff, and faculty.Provides mentorship and coaching to the management team, manages the campus succession plan, professional development program and resolution of all campus issues.Responsible for overall staff and faculty satisfaction.
- Demonstrates an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to campus improvement.
- Maintains a desirable, attractive and safe campus environment.Ensures facilities are well maintained. Assesses campus resources needs and ensures that the resources are planned for, acquired and properly implemented; provides input on utilization of resources.
- Develops and maintains effective internal relationships and alliances, including positive relationships with students, alumni, faculty and staff
- Leads the campus in developing and maintaining strong relationships with alumni, community organizations, businesses and colleges/universities to maximize, partnerships, fundraising, alumni placement, new student recruitment and externship opportunities.
- Plays a major role in preparing the campus for self-studies, focus visits, and comprehensive visits.Leads the campus in developing and nurturing relationships with regard to programmatic accreditation.
- Supports institutional planning and research and outcomes assessment activities for the campus.Ensures discussion of research and outcomes at the campus, culminating in appropriate plans and actions. Takes an active leadership role in all departmental reviews conducted at the campus.
- Experience – Minimum of seven years of highly successful experience as a Campus President and/or other relevant leadership experience is required. Financial acumen desired.
- Education – Minimum earned graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution required, doctorate degree preferred. Demonstrates ability to effectively lead faculty and staff in a doctoral degree-granting university.
- Computer Skills – Experience with computerized administrative systems.Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Communication & Analytical Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, academic journals, business reports, and legal documents.Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, public groups, and boards of directors or trustees as applicable.Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Travel Required Yes Required Education Master's Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Columbia