Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers postdoctoral and senior research awards at the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), and the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA) under the Air Force Science & Technology Fellowship Program (AF STFP).
We are actively seeking highly qualified candidates including recent doctoral recipients and senior researchers.
Application deadline dates (four annual review cycles):
- February 1
- May 1
- August 1
- November 1
- Conduct independent research in an area compatible with the interests of the Air Force laboratories
- Devote full-time effort to research and publication
- Access the excellent and often unique Air Force research facilities
- Collaborate with leading scientists and engineers
- Base stipend starting at $76,542; may be higher based on experience
- Health insurance (including dental and vision), relocation benefits, and professional travel allowance
Applicants should contact prospective AFRL, AFIT, and USAFA Research Adviser(s) at the lab(s) prior to the application deadline to discuss their research interests and funding opportunities.
Desired skills and experience:
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and should hold, or anticipate receiving, an earned doctorate in science or engineering. Awards are contingent upon completion of the doctoral degree.