Head Coach - Esports (Rocket League)
Head Coach - Esports (Rocket League)
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Club Sports and Esports, the Esports Rocket League Head Coach is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and administration of the varsity Rocket League team. The head coach must execute and oversee all major responsibility areas for the varsity team including compliance, operations, administration, fundraising, and ensuring the safety of the student-athletes. This position will also provide coordination on event programming, oversee participation administration, travel, recruitment and serve as an ambassador for Northeastern Athletics and Northeastern University. The coach will be involved in daily communication and interaction with student-athletes for the team and will make it a priority to grow and develop each student-athlete academically, mentally, and athletically. The coach will promote and support the mission and values of Northeastern University, the Athletics department, and the Club Sports department.
- Execute and manage all major responsibility areas for the varsity team including compliance, operations, administration, fundraising, and ensuring the safety of the student athletes
- Create and deliver a comprehensive coaching strategy for the team and each individual player
- Provide vision, mentoring, and strategic direction for the student-athletes
- Attend, supervise, and successfully manage all practices, events, and varsity sanctioned Esports competitions
- In conjunction with supervisor, oversee and manage student conduct and eligibility requirements
- In conjunction with supervisor, manage the team's roster
- Manage all official team communication channels (ex: Discord, social media, etc.) to ensure proper conduct and compliance with university procedures and expectations, and report any issues to direct supervisor
- In conjunction with supervisor, establish a comprehensive semester practice and competitive schedule for the players and team, propose any/all events for approval, execute all tournament registration and administration pertinent for team participation
- In conjunction with supervisor, manage all aspects of the team budget
- Meet and communicate with key recruits and their family members to promote the program, ensure university and athletic recruitment procedures are followed and executed, update the recruitment database of all potential student athletes
- Complete all administration and compliance for the team as determined by Athletics
- Track the progress of the team and individual players during the season through statistical analysis and reports as requested by supervisor
- Abide by rules and regulation of any and all official leagues or governing bodies with which Northeastern is affiliated
- In conjunction with supervisor, identify and cultivate sponsorship, broadcasting and fundraising opportunities for the program, and assist with growth initiatives
- Management and upkeep of Esports team equipment, software and competition space
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 1 year of coaching experience in Esports
- Proficient knowledge of all rules, regulations and governing body by-laws for Rocket League
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to communicate and mentor student-athletes in a positive way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment and ability to work with a diverse student population.
- 1+ year of coaching experience in collegiate or professional Esports
- 1+ year of participation in collegiate Esports
- Esports content creation and/or marketing
- High degree of proficiency with Adobe creative, Twitch, and Microsoft Office
- Experience in budget development and management
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503666