Classification: Administrative Staff - Full Time - 12 Months - 2080 Hours
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities
Description: The Custodial Manager ensures that Carroll University's living and learning environment is kept appropriately clean and functional for its faculty, staff and students. The Custodial Manager oversees an internal staff of Utility Workers, Custodians as well as supervises third-party custodial vendors. The Custodial Manager is part of a dynamic Facilities leadership team.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the custodial and utility
- Performs weekly reviews of the residence halls with the Area
- Conducts regular reviews of cleaning performance within the
academic, administrative, and athletic facilities throughout
- Responsible for vendor selection, inventory control,
equipment/supply purchases and repairs.
- Coordinates with the Office Manager the review and processing
of vendor invoices.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, regular and on call
schedules and distribution to appropriate university
- Serve as on-call point of contact for delegating staff during
emergency coverage needs.
- Works with Human Resources and Payroll to assure staff
compensation and maintains University policies and
- Provides leadership, support and direction, through regular
team meetings and one-on-one personal contact with
- Facilitates staff coverage for Special Events and Athletic
functions of the University.
- Coordinates with the Facilities Leadership Team to provide
staff coverage for events and functions.
- Trains, monitors, creates, and distributes work orders to staff
in an appropriate fashion to ensure quality customer
- Maintains accurate records for posting and distribution of
required safety data sheets.
- Evaluates the conditions of the flooring and
furniture/upholstery for cleaning or replacement.
- Responsible for the selection, supervision, and actions of
- Model and lead a culture focused on customer service and the
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school graduate (diploma/GED) required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior managerial experience preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a related
- Knowledge of proper use and disposal of chemicals and
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and proper protection.
Human Relations Skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize work in a consistently
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees,
staff, faculty and campus visitors.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as
- Considerable physical activity is required. Requires heavy
physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of
objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as
extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors,
and/or loud noises.
- Work in all types of weather and temperatures both indoors
(temperature variation in campus buildings) and outdoors
(precipitation and various temperatures).
- Frequent and repetitive bending, twisting, reaching, pushing,
and pulling are required.
- Shift changes and/or weekend work may be required by your
supervisor based on departmental and University needs.
- Valid motor vehicle license and be insurable under the
University's insurance plan.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the
Job Number: #2021-034
Please reference job #2021-034 and submit cover letter and resume to: CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE