Reference and Research Services Librarian, Business
The NYU Shanghai Library seeks a Reference and Research Services Librarian for Business. The successful candidate will establish strong relationships with faculty and students in the business disciplines, and connect them to the services, content and tools that meet their research, teaching and learning needs.
NYU Shanghai is the third degree-granting campus within the NYU Global Network University. It is the first Sino-US higher education joint venture to grant a degree that is accredited in the US as well as in China. As a research university with liberal arts and science at its core, NYU Shanghai resides in one of the world's great cities with a vibrant intellectual community (http://shanghai.nyu.edu/). It recruits scholars who are committed to a global vision of transformative teaching and innovative research.
New York University’s Global Network University is established as an organically connected, multi-site network that encompasses key global cities and intellectual capitals. The network has three degree-granting campuses - New York, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi - complemented by eleven additional academic centers across five continents. Faculty and students will circulate within the network in pursuit of common research interests and cross-cultural, interdisciplinary endeavors, both local and global.
The Library of NYU Shanghai will deliver and coordinate a wide range of academic services that support the teaching, learning and research of NYU Shanghai’s faculty and students. Drawing on the resources of the libraries at NYU New York, the NYU Shanghai library provides an opportunity to create a forward-looking 21st century library program and facility to serve a culturally diverse and academically talented population.
Working in a collaborative environment, The Reference and Research Services Librarian will
- Serve as the Library’s primary liaison to faculty and students in business-related programs and research institutes. Currently, NYU Shanghai offers degree programs on Business & Finance, Business & Marketing and Interactive Media & Business at the undergraduate level and Data Analytics & Business Computing, and Quantitative Finance at the graduate level.
- Provide in-person, chat and email reference services to members of the NYU community.
- Deliver research consultations to students and faculty.
- Work closely with a team of librarians and instructional technologists to design and conduct library orientation programs, pre-scheduled and embedded library workshops, assessment and other Information Literacy activities.
- Stay current with business research and business data resources, build collections in all formats that support teaching and research.
- Create connections between data providers and the business researchers, help instructors and students find publicly available data, & provide support for instructor and student data skills.
- Connect faculty and students to existing library collections and services through active outreach and programming; and take a leadership role on projects and initiatives as appropriate.
- Liaise with business faculty and administrators concerning future academic directions, programmatic needs, and changes in course offerings that may impact how the Library supports the department/program.
- Collaborate with library staff and lead student workers and interns on library projects, including but not limited to marketing, outreach and user research.
- Partner with colleagues at NYU New York, NYU Abu Dhabi, and across NYU’s global network to implement and enhance programs & services.
- Participate in library and system-wide committees and professional activities outside of the University.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent graduate LIS degree required.
- Second master’s degree in a subject area relevant to the NYU Shanghai academic program preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least two years of experience as a librarian.
- Strong commitment to reference service, library instruction and information literacy principles.
- Previous experience in instruction, collection development, and/or reference services in academic library, preferably in a research library.
- Demonstrated experience providing strong customer service and quality services, including developing creative solutions in responsible areas to support and engage users.
- Familiarity with business research resources, business data and financial terminals.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in oral and written English; ability to read & speak Chinese preferred.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment and/or prior international experience preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated business subject experience in an academic library environment; or an advanced degree in business, economics or related discipline.
To ensure consideration, submit your CV and cover letter, including the name, address, and telephone number of three references to https://apply.interfolio.com/77369 Priority will be given to applications received by September 1, 2020. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
New York University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Business Administration Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Library & Information Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China