Screener (P/T Temp), CPTN30027ADMAF
To assist with maintaining a safe working environment, per the guidelines of the CDC and the Department of Public Health, for all students, employees, and visitors to the College of DuPage by screening and monitoring each entrant for possible COVID-19 exposure. Assess via questionnaires, and other appropriate screening mechanisms, prior to entry at designated campus buildings and while on campus.
- Maintain social distancing by ensuring that all entrants to the campus building stand at designated spots while they await pre-entry screening.
- Conduct screenings by following a set list of questions designed to assess symptoms for possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Operate thermal scanner and/or perform temperature checks as students, employees and visitors enter designated campus buildings.
- Log responses to screening questions into paper or electronic records.
- Provide records daily to Risk Management and Human Resources for employees, Student Services and Risk Management for students.
- Deny admittance to students, employees and visitors with possible COVID-19 exposure or refusal to submit to the screening process and supply with written follow up instructions.
- Monitor admitted students, employees, and visitors for maintaining social distancing and proper use of personal protective equipment while in campus buildings.
- Escalate and collaborate with supervisors, Human Resources, Student Services, Risk Management or emergency medical providers as needed.
- Gather and analyze information in order to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Prior healthcare, retail, and/or customer service experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong communication skills
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED required.
Data entry into Microsoft Excel, Word or other database tool
Required to be able to stand and walk for long periods.
This position is subject to a Background check at the College's expense.