Assistant/Associate Provider, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and
The Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin is seeking internal medicine-trained physicians to join the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology within the Department of Internal Medicine.
Dell Medical School’s mission is to revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Educating leaders who transform health care;
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
- Advancing innovation from discovery to outcomes;
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation; and
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
While medical education has been part of the clinical landscape of Austin, Texas since the mid-1970s, the Dell Medical School enrolled its first class of 50 undergraduate medical students in June of 2016. As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School will pursue innovation in the re-design of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education.
The position will primarily be responsible for the development of a General Gastroenterology practice for care delivery, and research in meeting the goals of Dell Medical School.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will include direct patient care, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis, developing clinic volume, quality improvement responsibilities, and participation in scholarly work that supports faculty and program development.
- MD or DO degree with Board Certification (or Board Eligibility if within 2 years of residency) in Internal Medicine.
- Unrestricted licensed to practice medicine in the State of Texas.
- Strong clinical teaching skills.
- Training and experience in quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience in caring for patients with complex GI disease in an inpatient and outpatient setting. Ability to work efficiently and flexibly in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance. Ability to address individuals and information with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality in various situations.
- Capacity to work well with physicians and other care providers as part of a multi-disciplinary healthcare delivery team.
- Eligible for appointment as an Assistant or Associate Professor.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Well-documented speaking, teaching, and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner in person and on the phone.
- Effective professional management skills, including the ability to plan, organize and schedule work in an efficient and productive manner, focusing on key priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact with peers, executives, employees, and consultants in a manner that represents the Dell Medical School positively.
- Sound judgment in decision-making, and importantly clinical judgment.
- Ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects and to prioritize.
- Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of evidence-based medical practice.