Administrative Assistant (POOL)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic and operational success. P erforms complex administrative duties and assists in the coordination of general office functions.
Perform administrative support of day-to-day operations.
- General office duties: phone calls, messaging, ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems. Manage department calendars, emails and business numbers.
- Research and Development, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for the department.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating meetings. Monitors progress of internal and campus-wide projects.
- Provides professional representation of the assigned department, exercising judgment and discretion in responding to or initiating internal or external contacts.
- Processes invoices and expense reports, ensure accurate reconciliation. Researching and resolving errors or discrepancies.
- Maintains the department's supply inventory and manages department calendar.
- Acts as primary contact for all matters related to the department’s schedule and activities.
- Maintains organization of files and electronic data using assigned confidential, and in some cases share drives. Supports the department in the collection of data for internal reporting to support decision making and planning.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and completing special projects and assignments.
- Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics and FMU faculty and staff handbook.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishments of the responsibilities and functions of Human Resources department.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- The position requires an associate degree and/or one (1) plus years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A bachelor's degree and higher education experience is preferred.
- Experience in grants and research administration and/or certification in research administration at a university, private research institution, government agency, or similar institution.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.