Supplemental Instruction Leader
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Supplemental Instruction Leader
Grant Funding Source
NW Supplemental Instruction
Under the direction of the campus-based Coordinator for Supplemental Instruction and supported by a campus-based Senior Supplemental Instruction leader, this position facilitates student learning and helps students better understand concepts or applications of course content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Meets with Coordinator and Senior Leader as needed to plan, implement and assess assigned plan of work
• Completes and submits supplemental instruction study session plans to Coordinator or Senior Leader weekly
• Attends all class meetings of target course
• Takes accurate notes, and understands all homework/reading assignments and projects
• Facilitates two to four, one-hour supplemental instruction sessions
• Maintains one office hour per week
• Confers with faculty members two to four times per month
• Attends and participates in all supplemental leader training and group meetings as required
• Submits timecard to the Coordinator as scheduled by College Payroll Office
• Maintains student confidentiality
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College ( TCC )
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Completed 12 or more hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university
• Earned grade of “B” or higher in target course
• Earned cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
• Faculty recommendation for content competency
• Ability to work with a diverse student population
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Completed 15 or more hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university
• Earned grade of “A” in target course
• Earned cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.
This is a “Pooled” posting utilized to hire supplemental instruction leaders.
Applications for “Pooled” positions are reviewed as assignments become available. Hiring supervisors review applications and make hiring decisions on an as-needed basis.
Your application on this posting may remain active for up to one year.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Worth