Administrative Associate IV, Office of Risk Management
The Office of Risk Management invites applications for an Administrative Associate IV to join their team. The tasks in this role require a high level of complex problem-solving, independent decision-making, and self-starting initiative due to the fact that risks constantly evolve, risk mitigation tactics are dynamic, and losses resulting in insurance claims are unpredictable. As ORM’s Administrative Associate you will be expected to manage the annual budget and finances for the office. As assigned by the Risk Manager, you will manage insurance claims and also compile all supporting materials necessary to qualify for and successfully complete RMTD’s annual Property Loss Management Program. This position additionally will manage and maintain ORM’s website, which is currently under construction, including uploading and updating frequently used forms, FAQs, and information regarding risk, insurance, safety, and emergency management.
The selected candidate will assist the Risk Manager with the annual procurement of insurance policies through the State of Montana’s Risk Management and Tort Defense Division of the Dept. of Administration (RMTD) via a complex process of risk exposure analysis and reporting. Lines of insurance procured annually include:
- Property, Tort Liability, Automobile, Boiler, Fine Arts, Fidelity Bond, Non-medical Professional Liability, Student Medical Professional Liability, Family Medical Residency Professional Liability, Volunteer Coverage, Foreign Travel Coverage, Summer Program Coverage, Special Event Liability, Cyber Liability, Business Interruption, Crime and Theft, and other forms of coverage as needed.
The candidate assigned to this role will also manage UM’s Special Event Liability Insurance Program (SLIP) and process requests for SLIP coverage. Successful management of SLIP will require the ability to analyze complex event-related risks and advise event holders accordingly. You will also manage requests for Certificates of Insurance (COI) and submit COI request forms to RMTD. As the admin for this office, you will be responsible for managing filing and record-keeping related to UM’s Alcohol Approval Form process. It is also expected you will independently maintain RMTD's “PCIIS” database of insurance risk exposures throughout the year, with special attention to the annual open reporting period.
It is expected the incumbent to develop a workingknowledge of risk management strategies and best practices; UM's lines of insurance, annual insurance application process, and premium and deductible billing process; and ORM's budget and finance processes. It also requires the incumbent to develop an advanced knowledge of UM's Special Events Liability Insurance Program and RMTD's proprietary PCIIS risk exposure software.
- Complex problem-solving ability in an independent setting
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Discerning judgement and an ability to deal with sensitive situations and information
- Ability to multi-task, set daily priorities, and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to meet departmental goals independently and work with minimal supervisory input
- Proficient skill with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Basic business accounting skills
Minimum Required Experience
- Experience to perform at this level is typically acquired with a High School diploma and four (4) years of relevant administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with insurance industry practices
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
About UM and Missoula
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and has a student body of approximately 10,000 undergraduates and graduates, including more than 1,500 students of color and more than 900 international students and scholars from more than 70 countries. We encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disability preference in accordance with state law.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year aroundrecreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
Position Title: Administrative Associate IV
Position Number: NEW
Department: Office of Risk Management
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $16.446/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may beprovided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday , August 30, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The positionwill remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related tothe stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner