Project Hire-Ed Apprenticeship Specialist (P/T Grant Funded), CPRE60060PHED
To aid in the identification and development of departmental infrastructure and processes for Project Hire-Ed™ Registered Apprenticeship Programs. This role will coordinate and administer the operations needed to maintain Department of Labor (DOL) requirements and to serve as a liaison with all entities involved.
- In conjunction with the Manager and Program Assistant of Project Hire-Ed, review DOL requirements to identify processes and understand documentation requirements.
- Establish departmental infrastructure and processes for registered DOL apprenticeships.
- Create a streamlined process for Project Hire-Ed™ to apply for future Registered Apprenticeships.
- Manage and maintain documentation and submission of appropriate documentation for DOL registered apprenticeships.
- Maintain and update processes on ongoing basis.
- Support Project Hire-Ed™ events as needed.
- Participate and assist, as appropriate, with strategic, annual and monthly planning.
- Assist with the application and management of apprenticeship grants in conjunction with Project Hire-Ed™ and College of DuPage Development and Grants Office.
- Carry out additional duties, events, and programs as assigned.
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience with operations, administration, governmental entities, grants, or related field.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Meticulous attention to documentation and record keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at multiple levels.
- Must be self-directed and work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Direct experience with Registered Apprenticeships Programs.
- Experience with a high volume, fast paced environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
15 hours a week. A combination of day, evening, and occasional weekend hours maybe be required to meet with employers.
General office environment and at employers’ location which may be a manufacturing environment.
This position requires a background check, motor vehicle report and drug screen.