University of Idaho
Location: Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.50 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position provides customer service and office management for the Kootenai County Extension Office. Primary duties include administrative support and financial management. Provides primary clerical support for the 4-H/Youth program and Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) programs.
• High School Diploma and at least 2 years of related work experience or education.
• Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, developing spreadsheets, email, and internet research.
• Experience in managing budgets, which include responsibility for monitoring budget balances, approving expenditures, reconciling monthly statements and providing input for budget development.
• Experience in effective written communications, organizational skills including data and materials management, filing; composing a variety of business documents and proofing for accuracy and completeness; researching, compiling and summarizing data for reports, managing time effectively in a hectic environment.
• Experience understanding and explaining complex concepts to others in a clear manner; answering the telephone and face to face customer service; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities to deal with individuals or resolve conflicts in work setting among diverse individuals and groups.
• Bachelor’s degree or related work experience totaling 4 years.
• Experience coordinating with others to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of Banner, particularly the Financial Module and the Web Interfaces.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Knowledge of Extension programs and higher education policies and procedures.
• Experience operating and maintaining a variety of office machines and managing office supplies.
• Experience with planning, scheduling and coordinating office activities.
• Demonstrated ability to: Be organized; be self-directed; follow instructions; complete assignments with minimal supervision; perform detailed work; apply good decision-making skills; work under stress, perform last minute duties under the pressure of deadlines.
• Experience in situations requiring creative and analytical thinking.
• Experience in a position where financial bookkeeping was a major function.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move up to 20 pounds (boxes for storage, filing, etc.)
Posting Number: SP002563P
Posting Date: 08/14/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applications received by August 28, 2020.
For questions about this position please contact Sharla Wilson at the Kootenai Extension Office at 208-446-1680 or email@example.com
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.