Assistant Vice President for Human Resources
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) is accepting applications and nominations for a dynamic Human Resources (HR) leader for our rapidly growing campus. Reporting directly to the VP for Finance and Administration, the Assistant Vice President (AVP) will lead HR and our campus in building remarkable programs and processes to develop, grow and enhance our campus team members within a values-based culture.
TTUHSC El Paso is accredited with commendation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), the highest-level designation possible. Today, TTUHSC El Paso is the Texas Tech University System’s fourth free-standing university, joining Texas Tech University, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and Angelo State University. TTUHSC El Paso’s schools include the Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine and the new Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine.
Required Qualifications (See job requisition for full position description and requirements.)
Bachelor's degree required in appropriate field based on assigned area of responsibility; eight years of professional and management experience in related area. Additional job-related education may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Master's degree or higher from regionally accredited institution • Doctoral degree in HR Administration or related field
- Active PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Experience in academic health science center
- Experience working in a system with a Values-Based Culture
- Experience administering budgets, improving/streamlining processes, implementing new HR information systems, strategic data r reporting, HR diversity, equity, teamwork and inclusion
- Title IX
With over 300 days of sunshine per year, El Paso residents enjoy a friendly community with numerous outdoor and cultural pursuits, and no state income tax. El Paso was recognized as an All-America City in 2018-19 as a community that demonstrates innovation, inclusiveness, civic engagement and cross-sector collaboration for outstanding civic accomplishments. El Paso also ranks among the top 10 “Safest Metro Cities in America” in the 2019 SafeWise report. With over 865,000 residents, the rapidly growing El Paso community offers a very low cost of living, superior public schools, above average higher education options and a robust performing arts community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in El Paso
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in El Paso
- Human Resources Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in El Paso
- Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in El Paso
- Other Executive Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in El Paso