Senior Communications Coordinator
• 3-5 years media relations, communications writing,
proofing/editing, advanced photography, social media management,
and/or marketing projects coordinator experience.
• Team player.
• A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related subject area.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective public speaking and presentation skills.
• Evidence of excellent planning, organizational, leadership, and project management skills.
• Strong command of the methodologies, processes, and tools required to successfully compete in today’s marketplace.
• An ability to relate well to faculty, alumni, students, and staff in all departments.
• The ability to think strategically yet quickly in the fast-paced, competitive market.
• Commitment to professional development and engagement with state, regional, or national committee or conference participation.
• A collaborative spirit, with which to partner effectively with alumni, University Advancement, Enrollment Marketing, Student Life, and academic departments.
• Self-starter who understands and can articulate the value of a private, STEM education with experiential learning to a wide range of audiences.
Understanding and commitment to Kettering University
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
• 5-7 years media relations as writer and/or copy editor,
advanced photography (portrait and event), video editing, social
media management and strategic planning, marketing projects
coordination, and/or event logistics experience.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Team leader and player.
Writing – Produce news stories and/or news releases, features, profiles, and other content for internal and external e-newsletters and communications, university website, publications (Kettering Magazine, Philanthropy Report)
Social Media Support – Provide images and content for social media.
Project management support – Coordinate and support Multimedia and Projects Specialist with vendor relationships, campus requests for content and products.
Photography – Manage incoming requests for event photos as well as photo archive.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint
- Editing & Publications Management Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint