Ultrasound Technologist II (Echo Technologist)
Operates ultrasound-imaging equipment that transmits high frequency sound waves through the body.
- Operates ultrasound-imaging equipment that transmits high frequency sound waves through the body.
- Monitors examination by viewing images on video screen to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images and make adjustments to the equipment as needed.
- Records and stores suitable images.
- Observes and cares for patient throughout examinations to ensure patient safety and comfort.
- Assists physicians in performing invasive procedures by guiding with ultrasound and performing a preliminary scan.
- Prepares examination reports for physician to aid in the monitoring of patients.
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment.
- Maintains medical record files.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Registration as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.