Senior Research Coordinator
The Senior Research Coordinator within the Office of Clinical Research (OCR), which provides centralized support to Investigators who conduct studies at any Baylor location or affiliated hospital (BSLMC, Harris Health - HCHD, VAMC, etc.). Coordinates day-to-day activities of research protocols, which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. Experience across a variety of disease areas and both device and drug studies is a plus.
- Coordinates with Principal Investigator(s) across multiple therapeutic specialties to help ensure that clinical research and related activities are performed in accordance with federal regulations and university and sponsoring agency policies and procedures. Current areas of research focus on Cardiovascular, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, and Rheumatology amongst others.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the conduction of research activity including: screening, recruitment, consenting, educating patients, subject visit completion, data entry and other duties expected of a research coordinator.
- Develops novel methods to improve clinic processes and be capable of implementing and training research staff on old and new procedures.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol. Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party. May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Schedules and directs the activities of less experienced research personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
Experience across a variety of disease areas and both device and drug studies
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston