Financial Aid Program Coordinator 2 - (STA006276)
Coordinates and administers a financial aid program which awards scholarships, grants, or other forms of student financial assistance. Coordinates related programs and services that will meet the internship and career needs of students and employers.
- Resolves general and complex awards issues by utilizing
financial aid management system to analyze applications against
criteria and availability, as well as make adjustments, additions,
- Communicates with federal and state agencies, as well as
potential and existing scholarship donors regarding recipient
information, selection process, and other award criteria.
- Counsels students and parents concerning available financial
assistance opportunities and reviews unusual circumstance
- Ensures awards are appropriately disbursed and credited to
students' accounts. Resolves unusual problems and serves as liaison
between students and lenders, donors, and guarantee agencies.
- Works with deans and other college administrators and faculty
to assure that recruiting and other college goals and student needs
are being met.
- Reviews financial aid recipients' academic performance for
satisfactory progress; takes necessary action if progress is not
being met, and reviews appeals.
- Participates in career fairs, orientations, and other events as
needed to promote awareness of financial assistance available to
- Works with potential and existing employers concerning job and
internship opportunities, including arranging receptions and
seminars whereby external entities discuss employment
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: The individual in this position will serve as the coordinator of the federal and state work-study programs at the University of Houston. The work-study programs employ roughly 650 students each year, allowing them to earn funds toward their education-related expenses. The coordinator works very closely with Career Services, Business Services and student-employee supervisors both on- and off-campus. The position requires a self-starter who can work very independently, with strict attention to detail to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston