Administrative Assistant II (P/T), CPRN13534SS
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Administrative Assistant II will be responsible for answering incoming Calls, directing calls to appropriate sources, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as wall as additional clerical duties.
- Answer multi-line telephone, screen and direct calls; provide information to callers; record and distribute messages to administrators, faculty, and staff; greet persons approaching desk, direct to correct destination, and schedule appointments.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support; prepare correspondence and documents as needed.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment; maintain an organized reception area, supply storage room, and workroom; maintain communication with student employees; maintain general office files (at desk and in common areas).
- Manage office supply inventory; responsible for processing work orders and purchase requisitions as needed; accept deliveries and disseminate to proper individuals; sort and distribute mail and deliveries.
- Responsible for verifying student information while maintaining student privacy/confidentiality according to FERPA guidelines.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of College policy by reviewing Administrative Procedures and Board Policies; cultivate inter-departmental relationships to facilitate requests made of other departments.
- Update procedure manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: 1 year of office experience; knowledge of administrative/clerical procedures; customer services.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: 2 or more years of office experience; knowledge of administrative/clerical procedures; customer services.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree with some office technology/business courses included.
Personal computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax and scanner.
General office environment-extensive use of the telephone and computer. Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
Position is 20 hours/week between 8:00 am - 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
This position requires a background check.