DAH AGENCY DIRECTOR (HISTORIC ARKANSAS MUSEUM DIRECTOR)
The Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage and Tourism is actively searching to fill the position of Agency Director for the Historic Arkansas Museum. This museum is a historic site that interprets Arkansas history and culture using material evidence, artifacts and on-site historic homes as primary tools. It also provides further interaction with these sources through living history programs, publications, video productions, lectures and educational programming to illustrate ideas, values and lifestyles found throughout the state's history.
The detailed job description is shown below:
- Functional Job Title: DAH Agency Director – Historic Arkansas Museum
- Plans and directs the overall operation of the museum within the Department; directs, coordinates and evaluates all aspects of programs and services to ensure goals and objectives of the museum are met; works within broad guidelines to develop programs and services to provide efficient operations; performs a continuous review of established policy and regulation modification and implements with the advice and support of director; assists in the development and implementation of departmental policies and programs; recommends legislation affecting museum.
- Provides direction to lower-level managers; interviews and selects managerial level applicants; reviews and approves selections of lower-level managers; will assess the managerial capability of staff in specific areas; sets priorities and allocates resources; delegates authority and assesses responsibility for specific programs and projects to lower-level managers; works with lower-level managers in self-development efforts and programs to reduce or eliminate weaknesses; works with lower-level managers to resolve problems; evaluated managers’ performance; reviews and approves personnel actions for key positions within the division; coordinated activities with the various sections.
- Performs Administrative Duties: Provides initial guidance and budgetary limitations to lower-level managers; reviews, approves or denies and consolidates budget requests for the museum; monitors the status of funds for operations and directs adjustments where necessary; approves/denies purchases of supplies and equipment; reviews and approves all contracts, prices, capital improvements, land purchases and land condemnations with the consent of upper-level management; investigates and responds to complaints received.
- Coordinates Activities With Other Work Units Within and Outside the Department: Serves as museum spokesperson in promotion and interpretation of regulations, programs, services, and policies; negotiates agreements with other state agencies; provides information to federal, state, and local agencies and officials concerning the impact of proposed legislation and relevant issues; coordinated department services with other agencies; serves on various committees, task forces, etc., as a representative of the division or department.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fiscal management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of long-range planning.
- Knowledge of state budgetary and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to work area.
- Ability to develop plans based on anticipated needs.
- Ability to develop operational goals within policy guidelines.
- Ability to estimate and budget for future needs.
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness of programs and activities.
- Frequent in and out-of-state travel is required.
- A pre-employment criminal background check is required as is
- A valid Arkansas Drivers License.
- This position is also subject to drug screening.
To apply, please visit: