Assistant Director of Admissions
Title of Position: Assistant Director of Admissions
Reports to Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: Typical for this position is daily business hours Monday through Friday, 8am until 5pm, including evenings and some weekends to serve the needs of the College. Periodic travel including overnight stays may be required when making presentations to schools and attending recruiting events.
Purpose: The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for participating in the oversight and execution of the day-to-day operations of the Office of Admissions. This position also assists with all phases of the recruitment and enrollment of new students to Holy Cross College, including but not limited to; extensive local and national travel, representing Holy Cross College to high school counselors, prospective students and parents; recruiting students and cultivating relationships with guidance counselors in assigned geographic territory while assisting students to meet their academic and professional goals and to live lives of purpose and integrity.
Essential Job Duties:
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Plan, manage, and conduct recruitment and counseling activities in an assigned geographic territory.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the admissions recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the College’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Assist with the organization of both on- and off-campus recruitment events, as well as virtual admissions programs.
- Conduct group information sessions for prospective students and their parents as assigned.
- Guide admissions counselors in recruitment territory management by conducting periodic counselor call nights.
- Assist with initiatives related to, but not limited to tele counseling, social media, alumni outreach, multicultural recruitment, data assessment, advising student groups, etc.
- Review student application files and evaluate transcripts, make admissions recommendations, and update information in the College student database.
- Work with admissions colleagues, academic advisers, financial aid officers, and residential life personnel to ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student.
- Supervision and scheduling of student workers including tele-counselors and campus tour guides.
- Assist in managing the College’s communications flow to prospective students using CRM software and social media.
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new admissions counseling staff.
- Complete additional specific projects to be determined by the Director of Admissions as well as serving the needs of the College as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years prior experience in college admissions or related field
- Experience as undergraduate admissions intern, student ambassador, or student volunteer experience may be considered.
- Valid unrestricted driver's license is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and leadership skills are required.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated organization skills related to programming/project management are essential.
- Cultural competence and ability to work effectively with a diverse student population in respectful, equitable and inclusive ways.
- Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience using Slate by Technolutions is preferred.
- Ability to travel for approximately 10 weeks for high school visits and college fairs, including some overnight travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary to serve the needs of the department.
- Highly motivated person who is task oriented.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines, in a team atmosphere, and with a minimum of direct supervision.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a connection to the Holy Cross College mission to educate the whole person in mind, body and spirit.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Employment at Holy Cross College is ‘at will’ meaning either the college or employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to: email@example.com
Apply for Assistant Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly