Clinical Laboratory Operations Associate
Internal Title: Senior Research Operations Associate
External Title: Clinical Laboratory Operations Associate
The Human Genome Sequencing Center, Baylor College of Medicine (BCM-HGSC) is seeking to recruit a project manager. The BCM-HGSC was founded in 1996 under the leadership of Dr. Richard Gibbs and is a world leader in genomics. The fundamental interests of the BCM-HGSC are in advancing biology and genetics by improved genome technologies. As one of the three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health, the BCM-HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work on the cutting edge of genomic science in a state of the art institution.
This position within the Human Genome Sequencing Center's (HGSC) oversees complex research initiatives associated with projects (both proposed and funded) relating to the development of assays and analysis of samples, milestone development, implementation, and evaluation. In addition, this role monitors all the sample recruitment and flow of patient samples into the center, through production, data delivery, NIH reporting and ultimately submission to applicable databases for community-wide data sharing.
Oversees, manages, and leads day-to-day research operations to ensure that current and long-term business goals are met.
- Serves as primary communication liaison and a resource for information for teams within the HGSC and external collaborators both domestic and international.
- Monitors the progress of project goals and reviews research activities, including evaluation of sequencing data.
- Generates quarterly reports and project summaries by text, tables and charts as needed by NIH and other funding agencies.
- Performs critical review of materials for research funding applications, progress reports, and other related communications in accordance with specified guidelines/policies.
- Evaluates success of program, identifying and implementing strategies to enhance program outcomes.
- Identifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Manages data sharing efforts amongst our team as well as with the scientific community and interface with program staff and coordinating centers to maintain project milestones.
- Reviews, monitors and tracks sample progress through all phases towards completion of projects
- Manages projects with varying levels of complexity and scope; from single department, short term efforts to multi-organizational efforts of longer durations (multi-year).
- Sanger Sequencing Analysis
- Maintains good understanding of Sanger sequencing and the protocols and workflows in the HGSC-CL pipeline
- Collects, compiles, evaluates and analyzes data including interpreting detailed assay procedures and output test results from Seq Scanner, STAR and Mutation Surveyor
- Recognize and initiate troubleshooting steps for issues related to procedures or data analysis of the Sanger Sequencing Pipeline and delegates work accordingly to the team
- New Technology Development
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston