Chief Executive Officer and Secretary-Treasurer
The Virginia Tech Foundation is the private enabler of Virginia Tech. Working collaboratively to advance the university's missions of discovery, learning, and community engagement, the VTF creates, manages, and builds assets that fortify and enrich the entire Virginia Tech community. The VTF strives to be exceptional stewards of the assets provided by the university’s many generous donors, and to grow and leverage those assets to the fullest extent to enable the forward progress of the university and all of its constituents. Anchoring a solid investment in the future of Virginia Tech, endowed gifts make up the largest portion of the foundation’s assets. Complementing the endowment’s investments, the foundation manages an extensive real estate portfolio. The portfolio supports university initiatives and programs.
The Chief Executive Officer and Secretary-Treasurer of the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. is the highest executive position of the not-for-profit corporation and is responsible for working with the foundation’s board of directors in creating and implementing a bold vision and strategy to achieve the foundation’s mission and programs in support of Virginia Tech. The Chief Executive Officer and Secretary-Treasurer operates in a high profile role and must be capable of establishing, strengthening, and expanding strong alliances with key stakeholders of the university, including alumni, donors, business, the general public, education, and economic development leaders in the region, state, country, and across the globe.
The Chief Executive Officer and Secretary-Treasurer shall demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
• Compelling leadership; the stature and presence that make an immediate statement about the critical role the foundation plays in support of the university and its many constituencies; strong speaking, writing and listening skills; the ability to influence others through words and actions and create excitement and momentum for the VTF and Virginia Tech.
• Effective board relations; an open communicator who can provide timely information, stimulate lively discussion, minimize conflict and implement policy initiatives.
• Strong relationship and consensus building skills; the ability to establish and/or strengthen relationships with:
o Senior leadership of Virginia Tech, faculty and staff;
o Alumni, donors, and friends of Virginia Tech;
o Business leaders;
o Elected officials and public sector staffs at federal, state and local levels;
o Economic developers;
o Real estate professionals;
o Investors and entrepreneurs;
o Community leaders and the general public;
o Virginia Tech Foundation employees.
• Strong management skills; a proven track record of leading people and project management; both tactical and strategic planning experience; a positive history of developing and meeting budgets and goals; a comprehensive understanding of accounting processes, data analysis, and financial management; a commitment to teamwork; the ability to delegate and work with others to achieve results;
• An understanding of and experience in complex finance principles and systems, including investment and debt management;
• An understanding of the innovation eco-system and the creation of and transfer of technologies into commercially viable enterprises;
• The highest standards of ethics and integrity in all personal and professional matters; a commitment to excellence; the desire to foster civility and community.
• Seasoned intelligence; a quick study as well as a broad-gauged thinker; proclivity to think, read, speak and write about issues related to higher education and best practices for its sustainability;
• At minimum, a master’s degree is required; doctorate degree or other professional degree is preferred.
• Experience in Virginia with business, education and government is a plus.
Commensurate with Experience
September 21, 2020
*This is a Virginia Tech Foundation position. The direct link to the job is https://www.vtf.org/chief-executive-officer-and-secretary-treasurer *
Virginia Tech is assisting in the recruitment of the next Chief Executive Officer and Secretary-Treasurer for the Virginia Tech Foundation . Confidential inquiries and nominations should be directed to Sara Leftwich, Dual Career Program and Special Projects Manager, email@example.com .
Please submit cover letter, resume and three letters of professional references to the Human Resources Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: August 12, 2020
Applications close: September 21, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg